<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Liber Viridis

This is either a) the weblog of two spirit guides who for reasons best known to themselves have chosen to work with Mordant C., or b) the sad deluded ramblings of an ageing gen-Xer who's finally lost her few remaining marbles. Whatever. Enjoy.

Friday, November 21, 2003

Here's a talk I had yesterday. It went really well-- I got this kick-ass visualisation excercise for dealing with unresolved anger. It really works!

I told the entities I was feeling stressed out by small concerns and wanted to elevate my sights. Here's what they said:

You fret yourself over the subject of anger. We shall speak to you of anger. [NB: I hadn't actually realised till then, but they were right-- my stressed feelings were to do with anger. I'd been very carefully blocking that awareness.]

Anger is mighty. It is one of the mighty passions. It drives us to defend ourselvesfrom those who would wrong us. Yet followed blindly, it becomes an idle passion and is the source of much wrong.
(At this point my lunch arrived and I got the usual pi-jaw about eating junk food: "Must you eat that? It is not healthful!" *rolls eyes*.)

For in anger lie the seeds of much idle passion. Firstly, the idle passion of vengefulness.

When one is angered, one then seeks redress. But revenge breeds revenge breeds revenge, until all is consumed with revenge. Yet if vengefulness be unsatisfied, thwarted, then the vengeful one may become poisoned with needless rage and pain. It is the vengeful one who suffers then.

Then there is the idle passion of self-anger. If a thief takes something precious, we may be angry with him for robbing us but we may also be angry with ourselves for lacking vigilance. We tell ourselves "Oh, I am careless! I deserve to be robbed!" And so: suffering upon suffering, pain upon pain.

Self-anger breeds only misery. Remedy what may be remedied; the rest, let slip from your hands save as a lesson for the future.


I get what you're saying. I have real problems with anger.

Let us advise you, then, dear one.

When you are angered, see your anger as an ocean-- a dark, crimson ocean wracked with storms. At first you are submerged within it, tossed hither and yon in the deeps. But slowly you begin to rise up through the crimson heat of this turbulent sea. And what should you behold but sunlight, streaming down from above. You rise up through the red waters, your head breaks the surface. Mighty waves crash over you, seeking always to plunge you down once more, yet you are lighter than air and stronger than an armoured warrior. The waves cannot claim you.

You rise higher and higher, until you are floating in the air above the ocean. You look down at it, spread beneath your feet. But you no longer need to fear it; it cannot claim you. You are free to fly. Above you is a beautiful blue sky with white clouds like mountains of snow. You can fly into these clouds, and as you do, they cleanse you of all idle passion, leaving only peace.


Thanks! I'll try that next time I get all honked off at something.

Be at peace [term of mushy endearment removed]. When you are at peace, you can better hear us. We will guide you and aid you; we will take that weight from your heart and place blossoms of light in either palm. Trust in yourself, and in us.

How can I help other people deal with their anger? I see people burdened with rage all the time.

It is not for you to govern the feelings of others. But we see why you would wish to pry their hearts free of the trap that is ire. Fight anger not with anger, but make a gift of your tender passions. If you cannot find words to gentle them, you may, with their invitation, use the passages that you know of. [This is accompanied by an image of emotion and probability strands*.]

Oh, yeah, those things. But I'm no good at using them yet.

Fear not and know trust. Trust yourself, trust us. We are your guides and we shall guide you. We are pleased that you found your way to such a powerful tool. Ask of us, and we shall guide you to your goal. We shall lay your hands on those places where healing is needful as we have done before. [Mushy term of enderement], you doubt. Do not fret yourself over doubt. Here, we shall warm your hands and light your way. [As they say this, my palms grow warm. I think they're tinkering with my palm chakras.]

Be at peace now.




*I've described these elsewhere, but briefly: they are a means by which I can attempt to manipulate future events. I see the event itself as a node of potential in the network of probabilities and influences, and try to use that network to bring the node into actuality. There are also emotion strands, which help me to see how my emotions are influenced by and influencing the situation. I can also see other people, and can, if need be, set up a connection to try and help them. Only trouble is, I'm a bit crap still; I can't always make sense of the images and I can't always see what needs to be done to bring an event about. And I get confused between emotion-strands and event-strands. I'm working on it.




posted by Mordant Carnival  # 7:08 AM
Comments: Post a Comment

My other sites


"dog carcass in alleyway this moring..." (my personal blog)
Leftover Parfait (my fiction, bad non-rhyming Goth poetry, braindumps etc.)
Thee Big Acidic Mudshow (my message board)
Want to drop me a line? mordantcarnivalATistillhateyouDOTcom

Archives

10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005  



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?